Outdoor Rattan Set makes a stylish statement for both indoor and outdoor decor. The pieces are lightweight, durable, and eco-friendly. Rattan is a vine that is closely related to tropical palms. It grows into a cane that's one to three inches in diameter, which can be cut into lengths with a strong core and steamed to shape into curves. The outer skin of the vine is peeled off to create flexible lengths to bind furniture joints together.
- Clean gently: Dust your rattan furniture regularly with a soft cloth. Never use paint thinners or abrasive creams to clean wicker or rattan cane furniture.
- Dry wet rattan furniture well: A damp cloth with a mild furniture cleaner may be used, but take care not to soak the furniture. If it does become over saturated, dry outdoors in the sunlight, if possible. The natural plant material will generally return to its original shape, so take care not to bend it while wet.
- Treat mildew immediately: If mildew or mold begins to form, use a strong bleach in soapy water to clean the affected areas. The furniture must then be immediately dried out of doors.
- Rotate rattan furniture: Natural fibers can fade in strong sunlight. This is a natural process and not necessarily bad. However, if possible, rotate furniture throughout the space on a regular basis so as to evenly distribute the fading. You might also consider installing blinds or awnings to reduce extreme sun exposure.
- Humidify: Keep furniture away from areas of extreme heat as this can warp or overly dry out the furniture. Natural plant fibers require a certain level of humidity so as not to dry out and split. If you’re in a particularly dry area, add moisture to the air with a humidifier.
- Oil rattan furniture: If splitting has occurred due to excessive dryness, the best thing to do is to make sure no further damage occurs by treating the rattan or cane with tung or boiled linseed oil and raising the humidity level of the space.
- Prevent sagging with pillows: Cane seats are very strong and yet flexible enough to provide a comfortable “sit,” but they can sag over time. Most cane seats are made to be used with a cushion that not only makes the seating more comfortable, but also serves to spread the sitter’s weigh more evenly across the surface.
General care procedure
Cleaning resin wicker furniture weekly by using a soft brush and soapy water without detergent to loosen the dirt in the slot knit and then use a soft cloth to wipe the surface of the wicker furniture. If you want to make sure that the rattan furniture is cleaned completely, you can use a vacuum cleaner to suck more in the small slot knit which brush can’t reach to. If you have a busy schedule and don’t have time for regular cleaning, then you can perform this product care procedure once a month.
For cushion and pillow, the most important thing you need to remember is only wash the cushion and pillow cover when it is really necessary to do so. Because at ATC, we use high quality outdoor fabric that is water resistant, breathable, stain resistant and UV protect. Therefore, frequent washing will affect the texture of the fabric and make the color fade away faster. In case you do need to wash the fabric, you can bring the pillowcases and cushion cover to laundry store to clean. If you have time, you can wash them at home with normal detergents that do not have too much bleach as it will discolor the fabric color.
For wicker table’s glasses, we can clean the glass every day or when it’s dirty. A very useful tip when cleaning table glass is to use the newspaper to clean with cleaning liquid instead of using cloth as it will leave no cotton scrap on the glass surface.
If you are looking for some more advice on how to care for your cane or rattan furniture then visit the professional Rattan Corner Sofa Manufacturer - Inshare Furniture(Zhejiang) Co., Ltd https://www.insharefurniture.com/